Thursday, June 14, 2012

beet burgers!



I promise this is the last recipe for a while. But I had to get in one more beet recipe. This one was a big hit with the host dad and host uncle. "This is great! It gets even better the longer you eat it!"




"beet this burger" brought to you by Vegweb




1 tablespoon finely grated raw beet

1/2 cup cooked oats (quick or regular rolled oats)

1 cup uncooked oats (quick or regular rolled oats)

1/2 cup walnuts, coarsely ground

1/4 cup almonds, coarsely ground

2 tablespoons sesame seeds

1 tablespoon italian seasoning

1/4 cup green pepper, minced

1/4 cup celery, minced

1/4 cup onion, minced

1 teaspoon dried basil

1/4 teaspoon dried thyme

1/4 teaspoon ground sage

1/4 teaspoon mustard powder

2 tablespoon soy sauce







1) Mix the ingredients




2) heat them.




As you can see, once the ingredients are all gathered the recipe is pretty simple. Only one of the four burgers I got from this stayed together (a common problem in veggie burgers) and I'm not sure why. I think next time I'll add more water? To help make the oats more gooey.




The ingredients:












The chef hard at work:
















Now to grate the beet:










Then mix the ingredients:













Tada! Veggie patty!
















Serve along side the beet quinoa salad leftovers, and a nice dark juice. Yum!






Today's recipe was delicious! You should try it!




Later this weekend I'm gonna give a real update to this thing. But I just thought I'd share tonight's meal.






1 comment:

  1. have you googled the topic of getting them to stick together/ http://cooking.stackexchange.com/questions/15790/how-can-i-make-home-made-veggie-burgers-stay-together-so-i-can-grill-them came up first for me.

    ReplyDelete