Sunday, June 10, 2012

bruschetta!

I decided to make pasta today, but since I didn't know if I had rights to the landfamily's pasta sauce, I decided to use some of my excess tomatoes to make a bruschetta!


Ingredients: 


2 cloves chopped garlic
enough olive oil
2 tomatoes
3 sprigs thyme (I didn't have any basil)
more olive oil
1/4 c. balsamic vinegar
shredded Parmesan cheese
fresh ground pepper
baguette or crostini

Some of our starting ingredients:



Instructions:
Sautee garlic in olive oil for about 2 miniutes on medium heat (probably less--mine ended up a little burned!). Place in serving bowl to cool. 
Dice tomatoes and add to bowl.
Add the thyme to the bowl. Add olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and ground pepper to taste.

And that's all! I microwaved mine for about 30 seconds after to take the chill off. Next time I would probably do even more, or put the tomatoes in the frying pan for a little bit with the garlic. 


the finished bruschetta:




Lunch is served!






Mine made enough for two! I served it (to myself) with a side salad, pasta, and some sourdough bread, and some cranberry juice.





Recipe adapted from "Joelan's Best Bruschetta" - http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,171,128181-248192,00.html




And some music for lunch:


"Postcards from Italy" - Beirut
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjzVbXeD_8E




No comments:

Post a Comment